Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

I am not a huge fan of Halloween. I don’t like the creepy, bloody and gory things that you see during Halloween. I am especially not a fan of all the horror movies! However, on the flip side I do like all the cute things about Halloween. How cute are all those little children dressed up in their little costumes. Scurrying about from one place to the next looking for that next piece of treasured piece of can while stumbling on the costume or trying to carry their bag of goodies along with any other accessories to their costume. I do like how for one day you can dress up and pretend that you are anybody (or anything) that you want to be.

When thinking about what product designs I would use for Halloween I had a difficult time coming up with something. I do like Jack-o-Lanterns and I am often amazed at how some people can carve them so elaborately.

I wanted to make a Trick or Treat bag and I thought that I would use some cute Jack-o-Lanterns. As I began sketching out the pumpkins I got to thinking about the words Trick-or-Treat and decided to name my pumpkins Trick and Treat. Since none of us like to be tricked, I gave Trick a sad face, and of course Treat got a happy face.

After I was finished with the pumpkins and I was looking at them and it was funny because Trick and Treat reminded me of Laurel and Hardy. So I guess you could say that I have Laurel and Hardy Trick or Treat Jack-o-Lanterns.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading about that Debi, it makes the design even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Artform! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

    ReplyDelete