Monday, October 11, 2010

Hearts & Swirls

Not only is Hearts & Swirls my oldest collection, but it is probably the very first collection I ever created. Sometimes your best work can come from something that is nothing more than just a doodle.

Hearts and Swirls probably started around the time I was in Junior High School. Being very typical for my age, I can remember drawing hearts on everything. The book covers of all my school books were covered in tiny little hearts. And yes, I went through that adorable phase of when I would write something I would dot all of my “I’s” with little hearts. (Thinking back on it, I know my teachers must have really loved getting my homework with all these little hearts on it.)

Eventually the hearts became a little boring to me so I started adding the swirls to the hearts. Then over time the leaves were added which is the point where the doodles became a collection.

Anytime you see the Hearts & Swirls Collection it will consist of these three elements; the heart, the swirl and the leaf. From there it will change. I have used the hearts and swirls on stems with leaves to make a flower garden and I have also used the hearts and swirls on a vine with leaves. Who knows what forms the hearts and swirls will take on in the future.

Since the Hearts & Swirls Collection is my oldest collection I have chosen it as my logo for Debi Payne Designs which is why it is also my avatar and likely to pop up anywhere. I have intentional done this in the hopes that one day people will see this simple symbol and immediately connect it to Debi Payne Designs.

Heart & Swirl shirt
Heart & Swirl by debipayne
Shop Zazzle for another tee shirt Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment